There are so many photos and posts around with what you can and can not feed your dog. So, I thought I would bring it all together into one place for you. Please be aware that almost all this food is given in small quantities and should not replace the normal diet of your dog.
What your dogs can eat:
- Carrots – Cooked and Raw
- Peanut Butter – But get the doggy one, not just one brought from the shelf.
- Egg – Cooked
- Salmon – Cooked
- Chicken – Cooked
- Cheese – In small quantities
- Popcorn – No other ingredients and make sure that all the kernels are popped, or it could pose a choking hazard.
- Green Peas
- Rice – Perfect if your dog is under the weather.
- Strawberries – Cut up to avoid choking.
- Oranges – without the peel.
- Peaches – Cut and seed removed.
- Pears – middles removed.
- Bell Peppers – okay if cut and in small amounts.
What your dogs can NOT eat:
- Corn on the cob – the cob could get stuck in your dog’s digestive tract.
- Artificial Sweetener – xylitol – Do not feed you dog anything that may contain this (especially human peanut butter)
- Cooked bones – These can easily splinter and can be fatal.
- Coffee, Tea
- Salt – Too much salt can cause excessive thirst, urination or can poison your pets.
- Yeast Dough
- Fat Trimmings – Can cause pancreatitis.
- Milk and Dairy products – Whilst in small amounts these cannot hurt your dog, in large amounts it can cause digestive issues including diarrhea.
Please be aware that I am not a qualified vet or nurse. If you feel your dogs behaviour has changed or they are poorly after eating any type of human food, please speak to your vet as they may have an allergy that you are not aware of!
I use a lot of the food that dogs can eat to mix in with my dog’s normal food for puzzle toys like Kongs. This helps to motivate her more in wanting to get through to the end. BUT it is only in moderation and small quantities.
8 thoughts on “Can I Eat This? Guide to Human Food For Dogs”
Amazing! Its truly remarkable post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this paragraph. Roberta Gordy Brasca
Hello there. I discovered your blog via Google at the same time as searching for a related topic, your site got here up. It appears great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to visit then. Johnath Hank Drice
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and the rest of the site is also really good. Terrye Grange Stoller
I just like the valuable info you provide for your articles.
I will bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently.
I’m slightly sure I’ll be told lots of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the following!
Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
Please let me know. Thanks
yes of course
My brother recommended I might like this website. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
Hi there, I found your website via Google while searching for a comparable topic, your website came up, it
seems to be great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, just become aware of your weblog through Google,
and located that it’s really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
I will be grateful if you happen to proceed this in future.
Many other people shall be benefited out of your writing.