therapy dog training
What is a Therapy Dog?
Therapy dogs are trained to go into places like nursing homes, schools, libraries etc and offer comfort and support to the people there. Now a days people are getting these mixed up with Assistance Dogs who are trained to do something specific for the owner/handler for example alert when they are going to have a seizure or assisting them with day to day life.
Therapy dogs hold an important role in the community by giving people something else to focus of other than day to day life. They are used in schools to help with reading, nursing homes to help reduce depression and so much more. We believe that every therapy dog should have a high standard of training as well as have the correct temperament. This is why we have teamed up with Therapy Dog Training UK to help instill this standard across therapy dogs in the UK.
What we offer
- Workshops at our full time field in Cheltenham (Check out our Shop)
- 1-2-1 Sessions to kick start your training (£50 per session)
- Online do it yourself Therapy Dog Training Portal
- Therapy Dog Assessments under Therapy Dog Training UK
- Barking Buds Therapy Dogs Membership – Helping you get into placement, all year round support and workshops to make sure your dog stays up to standard
Address: Goat Paddock, Greatfield Ln, Shurdington, Cheltenham GL51 3QX
In Partnership with